A build-to-suit is a building specifically constructed to meet the design, location and physical specifications of one major user. There are different alternatives in which to originate and transact a build-to-suit opportunity.
General Development Company, LLC (GDC) is equipped to successfully implement any of the build-to-suit options for the end user. We can build on land the company already owns, acquire land for a specific project or offer land GDC owns in their portfolio.
Or even a hybrid between the above choices, including shared equity and joint venture arrangements.
GDC has been in business since 1983, completing over Five (5) million square feet of transactions. General Development Company, LLC, is a full service developer, in that we develop our sites and handle all construction services internally.
Our Build-to-Suit service includes:
- Client Needs Assessment
- Site Evaluation and Selection
- Feasibility Analysis
- Land Negotiation
- Due Diligence
- Lease Negotiation
- Financial Packaging
- Architectural design and facility planning
- Consultant Selection
- Design: Site / Shell / Tenant Improvements
- Construction Documents
- Fixtures, Furnishings and Equipment
- Project Budgeting
- Land Splits or Plat
- Design Review Process
- Building Permit Process
- Special Use Permits (if required)
- Tax abatement / incentives
- Contractor Bidding and Selection
- Construction Coordination Meetings
- Client Reporting
- Site and Shell Improvements
- Tenant Improvements
- Jobsite Inspections – Progress Monitoring
- Construction Loan Draw Processing
- Tenant Fixturing and Operations Setup
- Punch List Completion
We partner with our clients and become involved in the planning process, customizing the facility to suit the culture and business of each and every client.